Turkey has a wide cuisine culture but below we will write only Top 10 Turkish foods.
- Soups: soups is a preferred snack type food in Turkish culture. Most used soups are Chicken soup, Yayla (rice and yogurt) soup and mercimek soup.
- Breakfast: in Turkish culture breakfast have a special place. In breakfast table you can find tomatoes, different type of cheese, honey, butter, Simit and tea.
- Appetizers: generally Turkish meals use to start with meze. Vine leaves (dolma) rolled vine leaves stuffed with rice, meat or vegetables.
- Kebabs: you should try Turkish kebabs once in your life. Most famous kebabs are Iskender, Sis and Doner kebab.
- Karniyarik: Eggplant stuffed with vegetables and red, minced meat.
- Lahmacun: Turkish version of famous Pizza. Its spicy.
- Kofte: meatballs served generally with rice and sometime with vegetables.
- Fish: there are a lot of various fish dishes in Turkey but the most famous is Hamsi Pilavi. Black sea anchovies with rice.
- Yoghurt: most used is yoghurt made by sheep mils and its used as “ayran”, a mixed water and yoghurt.
- Sweets: Also known as Turkish delights. Baklava with pistachio is the most popular one. Asure also have its religion meanings, a sweet made by mixed dried fruits.